Tesla is a continually growing company. They are always coming up with excellent products that are changing the world. From slowing the carbon footprint to helping people save money, Tesla can do it all. Tesla creates jobs and surprisingly affordable solar-powered technology.
The Tesla Powerwall is used to power homes. The Tesla Powerwall can power your home if you lose power during a storm or live somewhere electricity has yet to reach. The Tesla Powerwall is also a great way to save money on your existing energy bill, reducing your cost substantially.
The Tesla Powerwall is a great back up for your home in the event of a power outage. If you would like to power an off-the-grid type of home, this will also be the perfect solution. With the ability to store extra power, the Tesla Powerwall is the ideal addition to a house using solar energy.
What Is The Tesla Powerwall?
The Tesla Powerwall is a rechargeable battery system. When needed, the Powerwall stores energy to allow the Powerwall batteries to power almost anywhere you would require them to be. The Powerwall works hand in hand with your existing solar panels or roof. It will store all the extra power to use when needed.
The quiet battery is much easier to maintain than a gas generator. The noise and pollution those types of generators put off can be overwhelming. You will not notice when your Powerwall kicks on. It is also less noticeable in appearance than an ac unit.
What Can The Tesla Powerwall Power?
There are so many different things that the Tesla Powerwall can power. For the most part, it can power anything you have to which your home’s solar power is connected. The Powerwall works with your solar panels and stores the extra energy. With your The Powerwall, you can:
- Store energy – think of a rechargeable battery pack for when your home is out of juice
- Use the stored energy whenever you need to
- Days when the sun is hidden all-day
- Storms that knock out the power grid
- During routine power shut-offs for maintenance in your area
- If someone were to wreck and hit a transformer
Some of these may not happen as often, but they are everyday situations. During all of these situations, you and your family will still be comfortable. Warm during the winter, cool during the summer, and most likely the envy of your street during these times.
You can have up to ten Powerwalls installed to get the maximum amount of backup power for your home. Each Powerwall gives you more storage as they are added on, but how much storage will you get? It all depends on your average monthly bill.
- If you have a monthly bill of around $400:
- Two Powerwalls give 12 hours of back up
- Three to four Powerwalls give one day of back up
- Five Powerwalls give 1.5 days of back up
- Six to seven Powerwalls give two days of back up
- Eight to nine Powerwalls give 2.5 days of back up
- Ten Powerwalls give three days of back up
- If you have a monthly bill of around $200:
- Two Powerwall’s give six days of back up
- Three Powerwalls give nine days of back up
- Four Powerwalls give 12 days of back up
- Five Powerwalls give 15 days of back up
- Six Powerwalls give 18 days of back up
- Seven Powerwalls give 21.5 days of back up
- Eight Powerwalls give 24.5 days of back up
- Nine Powerwalls give 27.5 days of back up
- Ten Powerwalls give 30.5 days of back up
The more you pay monthly for electricity means the more power you consume. That is why there is such a big difference in just $200 – $400. If you don’t want or can’t afford many Powerwalls, they can still help lower your bill by getting a few of them. Every hour that you use solar power is more money in your pocket.
How Much Does The Tesla Powerwall Cost?
Like many solar-powered products, you may pay more upfront, but the product pays for itself in the end. If you ask yourself, “Why do I need a Powerwall when I have solar panels?” the answer is relatively simple. Solar panels alone do not store energy. They work when the sun is out. When the sun has gone, your power will switch over to the electrical grid or turn off unless you have some battery storage.
The price is different for each situation. When you input your address, your energy bill’s average cost, and your solar size (if you have panels). They will show you recommendations based on those answers. Keeping in mind that every area and situation is different. An example of what the Powerwall could cost is:
- Average Monthly Electric Bill – $200 & Currently Have Solar Panels – Yes
- If this is your situation, Tesla recommends two Powerwall’s that will cost around $10,000 for both Powerwall’s alone.
- Installation is about $5,000
The Tesla battery packs can cost anywhere from $8,000 to $70,000. This price can be different due to different situations, areas you live in, and your current solar panels.
How Do I Control The Powerwall?
There is no need to bother the Powerwall itself. You can fully control it while sitting on the couch. That’s right, in the comfort of your home, you can manage your Powerwall through the Tesla app. In the app, you can see everything:
- Monitor home energy production
- Monitor Consumption
- Change your preferences at any time to create the most efficient home for your needs
- You can control it from anywhere your phone has service. If you’re on vacation or grocery shopping, it doesn’t matter.
- You will see in detail what the solar, Powerwall, home and grid.
What If I Already Have Solar Power?
You need a solar power panel system to attach to the battery. It is like a phone battery pack. If you don’t plug it into a power source, it cannot recharge. That is the way the Powerwall works. If you already have solar panels, you will only be paying for the Powerwalls and their installation cost.
The more solar panels you have already to power your home and the lower your electric bill means your Powerwall rechargeable batteries will go farther. They will be more for an emergency type of situation if you already have a great system in place that covers your bill.
If you are full off-the-grid with solar panels in place, these will be a great way to keep power going through your home when the sun’s not shining.
How Is The Tesla Powerwall Installed?
Tesla will install the Powerwall on or into your home. They are placed either inside, outside, floor, or wall-mounted. It is slimmer and will not be an eyesore when it is attached to your home. You can have up to ten Powerwalls installed like mentioned above.
Everything is taken care of; you tell them how and where you would like them installed. After installation, there is no need to worry about your children or pets around it. The Tesla Powerwall is a battery that you do not need to worry about safety.
The Tesla Powerwall
It is easy to see why the Tesla Powerwall can be a great addition to your home. By storing energy, your mind can be at ease knowing rain, shine, or power outage. You will have a fully functional home. Along with your solar panels, you can power your home for days and get off the grid or have peace of mind as a backup. Either way, the Tesla Powerwall pays for itself.