Solar energy has become more attainable and affordable over time, making it a more popular option for homeowners around the world. Tesla roof tiles have gotten better and better with each upgrade, producing high quality solar tiles that can last for years to come—but can you get them in Florida?
In February of 2019, the Florida Public Service Commission announced that state residents could purchase solar panels and roofing from Tesla. You can contact your local Tesla dealer to begin the process of installing Tesla solar tiles on your house in Florida.
Today, there are several Tesla dealerships around Florida that you can trust to give you a roof you can count on. These dealerships can design and install the solar tiles that your house needs to function properly. Today, we will further jump into the benefits of these tiles and why they work amazingly in the sunshine state!
Buying Tesla Solar Tiles in Florida
Until early 2019, most locations in Florida were not able to sell Tesla solar panels. However, Tesla was approved to sell these tiles without becoming a public utility in February 2019 and under this it will not be required to become a public utility. The key with this that has set a precedent in the state is that the company can lease renewable energy products as long as they are not selling electricity.
Essentially this means that Tesla is now free to sell and lease their tiles in the state of Florida, they just cannot begin selling “electricity” without regulation. This has now extended the opportunities for Florida residents to get sustainable energy.
Essentially, this means that you will not be able to sell electricity back into the grid until further policies are passed. This is an option in some other states, but Florida has yet to approve this method.
With all that being said, why should you even consider Tesla solar tiles in the first place?
Tesla Provides a Better Solar Product
A great thing about Tesla is that they are innovators when it comes to solar technology and are always bringing out even better products. Recently, Tesla brought out their third version of solar tiles that have taken their solar capabilities even further. This means that past flaws have been corrected and the new roofing material is a better cost and more aesthetically pleasing.
Some of the many new benefits of these solar tiles are:
- The Tiles are Bigger – Essentially this means that the roof installation process will be much quicker, and a larger area is covered with each tile. This also reduced the overall costs of the roofs.
- Better Power – Of course, a major part of improving their tiles was increasing the amount of solar energy produced. This increased solar generation means that you have a more productive power from the tiles.
- Lowered Manufacturing Steps – In addition to the tiles being larger, which lowers manufacturing time, they also changed some materials. This has made it easier to produce more tiles at a quicker rate.
- New Materials – They changed some materials used during manufacturing the tiles, including a new coating which hides the solar cells.
Are They Hurricane Proof?
Those who live in Florida probably know how important it is to have a roof that is sturdy and extremely durable. This area is often hit with hurricanes and other tropical storms, which can damage a home very quickly. While solar panels can be great for your home, they are pointless if they blow off with each storm.
While hurricanes themselves can be very unpredictable and range in strength, these solar tiles are mostly up to the task. They are low-profile and very durable. Once in place, they will quietly and effectively be creating energy for your home for years to come.
The Tesla company does not guarantee that there will not be some damage from hurricanes or other major storms, but the tiles will hold tight unless extreme conditions are being experienced. Hurricane-proof solar tiles would be a huge technical challenge and likely very cost-prohibitive.
Still, Tesla’s solar tiles won’t fly off at the drop of a hat, though some repair may be necessary after a really bad hurricane season. In addition to this, one of the biggest selling points on the Tesla tiles is that they are backed by the company’s amazing 25-year warranty.
Say Goodbye to Power Outages
One thing that many love about the Tesla solar power systems is that your home keeps power no matter what. Once again, if you live in Florida, you know how bad power outages can be during tropical storms or hurricanes. However, when you have a home that is powered by solar energy, you rarely have to worry about this.
Is It Worth the Money in Florida?
Of course, for many these solar power home renovations are not cheap! In fact, it is a major investment that you will want to consider for some time before splurging on. However, for most homeowners these systems truly pay for themselves over time and are very worth the final price.
Some things that you want to take into mind when it comes to adding Tesla tiles to your Florida home are:
- The amount of energy produced in Florida will be much higher than other areas! They do not call Florida the sunshine state for nothing, as it is one of the sunniest areas in America today. This means solar panels on homes in Florida will be more effective than those elsewhere.
- Use an online production estimate to see how long it will take for you to make your money back on this investment. Over time, the amount you save on your energy costs will equal and then surpass your initial installment costs. You can use an online calculator to see exactly how long this will take.
- Consider the Florida solar incentives, which will save you even more money! You will want to look further into these solar incentives, but they continue to improve each year and are a major reason why those in the state opt for solar panels.
Florida Tax Cuts for Clean Energy
While you will want to work with your financial advisor to discuss the exact incentives that your Tesla roof may be eligible for, there are many tax deductions that you may qualify for. One thing that saves many residents money is that you can use an Investment Tax Credit to deduct 26% of your total system costs from your federal taxes. This is the current rate, and it is set to change in 2021 by dropping slightly but can still save you a lot of money!
Save Money with Clean Energy from Tesla
When it comes to your Florida home, using solar energy is truly a no brainer as this one of the sunniest states in the U.S. today, making the solar panels found here some of the most productive. When it comes to solar panels, the Tesla brand tiles are amongst some of the best on the market and come with a warranty that is truly unmatched by other major brands.
While Tesla tiles were not offered in Florida until a couple of years ago, they can now be purchased and used in homes of all sizes for quality, clean energy that you can trust, even during traditional power outages!
If you are ready to add Tesla tiles to your home, you will want to find a local retailer that is certified to create a solar plan for your home and install the tiles appropriately. Look for a certified dealership that can give you the latest Tesla technology!